You are blessed with many choices when it comes to cleaning crystals. Choose which method you like the best 🙂 Or if the crystal talk to you, they’ll tell you what method they want. (Shhhh, don’t tell anyone they talk to you, they may try to lock you up lol).
1. THE SUN: Yes, not only will the sun cleanse your crystals, but it will give your crystals AMAZing, supercharged energy. Simply leave them out in the sun all day. Then pick up your crystals before sunset. If you think the sun is AMAZing, if there is a full moon… Proceed to step 2…
2. Full moon overnight – When the moon is full, you have a once in a month opportunity to supercharge your crystals. Place your crystals outdoors where it will receive the light of the moon. You can either leave your stones out during the day (the sun will provide extra energy) or put them out at sunset. Pick up your crystals in the morning,
3. Salt & Water: If you are blessed to be able to see the ocean everyday, place your crystals in a mesh bash and let get sqeeky clean 🙂 If your trapped in a desert like me lol, or just don’t have access to the ocean everyday, soak your crystals in sea salt and water for a few hours.
4. Place in a bowl of water OR salt overnight: Place crystals in non metallic bowl. If you are using water pour tap or spring water in the bowl. For salt pour sea salt or Himalayan salt over the crystals. Allow the crystals to sit in water or salt for two days.
Water is the universal cleanser and solvent. It is effective in cleansing and dissolving undesirable energies from all physical forms. It will also dissolve some stones.
Do Not Use:
- High luster stones: will dull their appearance.
- Stones set in silver jewelry
- Sea Salt can damage the electromagnetic field of stones.
5. Bury in Earth, flowers, or herbs for 24 hours: You can bury them in a flower pot or your favorite flowers or herbs overnight. Earth and plant material will cleanse and dissolve negative energy and infuse the stone with its purifying energy.
6. Smudging: You can use the smoke from herbs or incense to cleanse stones. Popular herbs include: sage, sweetgrass, and cedar. To smudge:
- Place incense below crystal.
- Allow the smoke to blow over the crystals.
7. Other Crystals: These stones don’t need any cleansing at all and can clean multiple stones at one time. Absorbs negative energy, purifies and recharges the crystals. Place on crystal for at least an hour for a quick cleanse and 2 days for full cleanse. These stones cleanse:
- Quartz (Clear)
- Herkimer Diamond